Virtual Reality (VR)

 Hello fellas, i hope you all are doing fine. Today, I wanna talk about a platform or something(idk what to call it lol), which you have most likely heard about. It's of course Virtual Reality!!


Our lecturer gave us 2 definitions for VR:

(I am gonna write it as far as I remember, so there might be minor differences)

1.) VR is an artificial environment we connect to others via internet through our PC or other platform.

2.) VR is an artificial environment again but in this one we use with headgears or joysticks. It looks like this:










If I were to define it, I would probably include VR games and platforms such as VRchat or Beat Saber since I got immersed to it via these apps. 

In addition to its use in games, there is also VR in online learning, which is absolutely a great thing. Along with its online learning feature, you can also be in your virtual class with your custom avatar and character like the one below:









I believe that these textures, props and animations will get better as technology develops. However, even with this form of it, it is still pretty useful. In my opinion, students or learners will be able to focus better when compared to a zoom meeting since there is not any distracting stimuli on VR. It pretty much feels like your class. Plus, it definitely boosts creativity in the whole class overall thanks to its realistic atmosphere. 

VR is an experience every learner or gamer or anybody should give it a try. I am pretty sure you will not regret it. 


Peace.

Comments

Popular Posts