Quizlet

Hey everyone,
 I wish you all a pleasant day/ night since you have decided to take a look at my blog :)
Have you ever heard of quizlet? It is another learning platform that helps you learn or memorize terms in any of your subjects. 




Personally, I found it thanks to my linguistics teacher when she gave us review questions and wanted us to check the answers. The file had a link that redirected you to quizlet. Simply, its main function or mode(for me at least) is flashcards. It is literally the virtual version of its real counterpart. You can either see the term and find its definition or vice versa. Besides this, the platform possesses these game mods as well:
1.) Learn: basically the ALM version of flashcard mode. It just repeats the topic by gradually adding new terms.
2.) Write: in this one, you are shown a term and you must write its correct answer.
3.) Spell: as can be understood by its name, you spell the word given to you.
4.) Match: well here, you are in a scattered grid with words and you should remove them to match their associated definitions.
5.) Gravity: (well i didnt see this one so im gonna directly cite this from wikipedia.) In this mode, definitions scroll vertically down the screen in the shape of asteroids. The user must type the term that goes with the definition before it reaches the bottom
6.) Live: in this one, teacher can play it with their student groups or with students individually. (Basically like kahoot)

I did use quizlet while studying for my exams and I can say that it worked well for me. Its pretty effective if you are just trying to memorize some stuff. Therefore, you should give it a try! :)

Comments

Popular Posts