Padlet

Hey there! Today, I would like to do a brief review on a website app called "Padlet" which is a website that allows students to share their writings on a dashboard.

Padlet creates a virtual wall in a dashboard where every student can see one another's texts, images and posts in short. It has both free and paid subscription options. Paid subscription, as expected, allows more features such as unlimited padlets and more space. However, free subscription is not much different from it, so many people go on without upgrading their membership. I came across this app in my material designing class and I can say that it has valid reasons to be used for language teaching.




First and the most important one is how easy it makes collaboration possible with other students. For example, you can assign your students a video and make them note the important points and share with their classmates. They have cool choices like they can use emojis or gifs to support their writing or they can basically edit their background color, font type, pattern etc.The best thing here is that they can create a more profound and extensive definition once they check each other's writings by piling up their data. That's how it looks like: 

 


Other benefits I noticed are:
  • easy to use
  • many file types are supported
  • decent interface
My first impression from this software is great. I had fun and focused a lot better on the task while i was writing with my friends simultaneously. I think it is a great app for people who are seeking more fun ways to study or teach since it provides a great amount of accessibility and offers group studies which is a great way of learning a language

I can gladly recommend that you should use it for any educational purposes :)


 

Comments

Popular Posts