Telecollaboration

Hello!
Today, I wanna talk about I have recently experienced in my Instructional Technologies & Material Designing class. It's telecollaboration. As you can understand from the word, its simply a virtual exchange by 2 sides to solve or discuss some tasks. The one I took part with my class is called Valiant Project. As far as I remember, its a virtual innovation and support network for teachers. Our university was matched with 2 other universities from Spain. Malaga University and Complutense University. I was in Complutense with 2 of my other classmates and we were matched with 3 Spanish students from there. 







In our first week, we introduced ourselves and showed our presentations in storybird. Then, we discussed some difficulties certain students with different backgrounds experience and touched on the situation of our countries' handling these. 
In the last 2 weeks, we brought each other story books for kids and discussed the cultural values and stereotypes there. 
It was a pretty good experience for me, but I had some difficulties since I didnt have a stable connection in my dormitory and I also had knee pain. Still, it was quite good. 
We created a whatsapp group chat to inform each other during this process. While doing this we were also sending them some Spanish memes lol. 
All in all, everyone, especially teachers, should experience telecollaboration at least once in their life. 

Take care :) 

Comments

Popular Posts